As someone who has been managing Google Ads for nearly 20 years, (view my about page) I’ve seen the transformative power of a well-executed Google Ads Strategy. Yet, I’ve also witnessed countless businesses struggle with poorly constructed Google Ads accounts. Today, I’ll share 12 compelling reasons why hiring a Google Ads Consultant can be a game-changer for your business.
What is a Google Ads Consultant?
A Google Ads Consultant is a professional who specializes in the Google Ads platform (formerly known as Google AdWords). Their primary role is to assist businesses in creating, managing, optimizing, and analyzing pay-per-click (PPC) advertising campaigns on Google’s advertising network.
What does a Google Ads Consultant Do?
Here’s a more detailed breakdown of what a Google Ads Consultant does:
- Campaign Setup: Creating campaigns aligned with business goals.
- Keyword Research: Identifying relevant and cost-effective keywords.
- Ad Creation: Crafting compelling ad copy.
- Landing Page Advice: Recommending optimizations for better conversions.
- Budget and Bid Management: Ensuring efficient spend for optimal ROI.
- Performance Review: Analyzing metrics like click-through and conversion rates.
- Optimization: Adjusting campaigns for improved results.
- Reporting: Providing insights on campaign performance.
- Staying Updated: Keeping abreast of Google Ads’ latest features and best practices.
In essence, a Google Ads Consultant helps businesses maximize their advertising ROI on the Google Ads platform.
Not sure if investing in a Google Ads Consultant is right right you, here are 12 reasons why hiring a Google Ads Consultant can be a game-changer for your business
1. Technical Expertise Every successful online marketing campaign begins with the ability to track sales, orders, and leads. This isn’t just about numbers; it’s about understanding the story behind those numbers. Key performance indicators, campaign tagging, and precise tracking mechanisms are crucial.
Different platforms, be it Facebook, Google, or Twitter, have their own unique tracking codes. Installing these tracking pixels often requires a nuanced understanding of HTML code. Unless you’re well-versed in this language, it’s best to leave this task to the experts. While there’s a cost involved, the potential wastage from not having accurate tracking can be far more expensive.
While hiring experts to manage this technical aspect might seem like an added expense, consider the alternative: inaccurate data leading to misguided strategies. The ramifications of not having precise tracking can lead to misallocated marketing budgets, targeting the wrong audience, or completely missing out on potential opportunities. In the long run, the investment in technical expertise ensures that every marketing dollar is well-spent and that strategies are built on a foundation of accurate, actionable data.
2. Campaign Setup While user-friendly interfaces of platforms like Facebook and Google Ads make campaign creation seem straightforward, maximizing the efficacy of these campaigns is where the challenge lies. An expert’s touch can be the difference between a good campaign and a great one.
For the Business Owner: As a consultant, this is probably one of the areas within the Google Ads platform where I see the biggest mistakes during a discovery call or performing an Audit. This often results in frustration for the business owner or marketer in addition to wasted budgets.
Here are some questions an expert can help with to get the most from campaigns:
- Should you target locally or globally?
- Do you need separate campaigns for different regions?
- How much budget to I need to get the ROAS?
- How about different bidding strategies based on geography?
And then there’s the question of cross-platform advertising. For instance, just because you’re advertising on Facebook doesn’t automatically mean Instagram is right for you.
Moreover, with Google Ads, you have to navigate through a myriad of settings. A misstep here could mean paying for unwanted traffic. A Paid Media Expert, with experience in setting up countless campaigns, can ensure you get the best bang for your buck.
3. Experience with Similar Clients There’s a distinct advantage in hiring someone who’s “been there, done that.” A Google Ads expert brings to the table insights from managing campaigns for businesses similar to yours. Whether you are hiring a freelancer or a Google Ads Agency, this experience is invaluable. They can foresee challenges, identify opportunities, and craft strategies that are proven to work in your industry.
4. Keeping Up To Date with Latest Changes The digital landscape is in a constant state of flux. Platforms evolve, algorithms change, and new advertising avenues emerge. For a business owner, keeping up with these shifts, while also managing day-to-day operations, can be overwhelming. A paid media expert, on the other hand, is always in tune with these changes, ensuring your campaigns remain effective and relevant. More than likely, the Google Ads Consultant you hiring will an existing relationship with Google or they will be connecting with the experts to keep up to date on trends and strategies.
5. Do You Really Have the Time? Google Ads isn’t a “set it and forget it” endeavour. It demands regular monitoring, tweaking, and optimization. As a business owner, every hour spent on Google Ads might be an hour taken away from product development, customer relations, or strategic planning. Your time is precious and would be focused on what you do best (It’s the same reason I hire an accountant).
By entrusting an expert, you’re not just outsourcing a task; you’re reclaiming your time. This allows you to channel your energy and focus on core business activities, confident in the knowledge that your digital marketing is in capable hands. A Google Ads expert doesn’t just manage your campaigns; they ensure they thrive, all while freeing you to do what you do best: leading and growing your business.
6. Cost Efficiency While hiring an SEM expert involves an upfront cost, their expertise can lead to more efficient ad spend. They know how to optimize bids, avoid irrelevant clicks, and target ads to the most receptive audiences. Over time, this can result in significant savings and a higher return on investment.
Pro Tip: This only works if you have a measurement plan in place. If do not have tracking in place, this will result in failure. To get the most from your consultant it’s important for you to monitor if the leads/sales being generated are being followed up with.
7. Continuous Learning and Adaptation Google Ads experts don’t just rely on past experiences; they’re continuously learning. They often have access to industry resources, training, and tools that keep them updated with the latest strategies and best practices. In most cases, they have also surrounded themselves with other Google Ads experts from whom they learn with.
For the Reader: This would be similar for the companies who are hiring you for your expertise.
8. Access to Advanced Tools Many SEM professionals invest in premium tools that provide deeper insights, better reporting, and advanced optimization capabilities. These tools can be expensive for individual businesses to subscribe to, but by hiring an expert, you indirectly gain the benefits these tools offer.
9. Comprehensive Reporting Understanding campaign performance goes beyond just looking at clicks and conversions. SEM experts can provide comprehensive reports that delve into metrics like click-through rates, quality score, cost per acquisition, and more. This data can offer valuable insights into campaign performance and areas for improvement.
10. Holistic Strategy Development An experienced consultant can help integrate your search engine marketing efforts with other digital marketing strategies, such as SEO, content marketing, email marketing and social media marketing. This holistic approach ensures that all your digital marketing efforts work in tandem, amplifying their individual effects.
11. Crisis Management If something goes wrong, like a sudden drop in ad performance, an unexpected spike in costs, or negative PR affecting your brand’s search results, an SEM expert can quickly identify the issue and take corrective action. Their experience allows them to handle such crises efficiently as they have probably done this before.
12. Competitive Analysis Google Ads experts can conduct detailed competitive analyses to see what your competitors are doing in the digital space. This can provide insights into market trends, potential opportunities, and areas where your business can gain a competitive edge.
While the allure of managing your own SEM campaigns might seem like a cost-saving measure, the potential pitfalls can be costly.
The idea of taking control of your own Google Ads campaigns can be tempting. After all, in-house management might appear, at first glance, as a way to cut costs and maintain direct oversight. In essence, while the upfront cost of hiring a Google Ads Consultant might be higher than DIY management, the long-term value they offer in terms of efficiency, performance, and growth potential can far outweigh the initial investment.